Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Last Post

The title of this post makes it sound like it's a Western set on the open prairie at the end of the trail. Well, it sort of is. I've been blogging for over half a year because everyone in the world told me I should blog.

But the truth is, this method of communication doesn't feel right to me. I only have so much writing I can do in my life and I don't want to waste any more of it on trying to think up clever, insightful things to say on my blog so people will like me and think I'm funny and ultimately buy and read all my books.

I like writing poems much better. They give back to me.

But I think I gave it a good shot and I'm pleased about that and I feel honored to have gathered a loyal group of followers and other readers who dropped in from time to time. Please stay in touch--send me an email if you want or better yet, show up on my doorstep and come in for tea.

Because, besides writing poems and stories, I really like to have long, deep conversations with people about life and snow and flowers and dog poop and toenails and what the weather's going to be.

So call me a former blogger or just call me.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Former Blogger,

    Thank you for sharing a motley of interesting and inspiring thoughts during your tenure. I especially enjoyed your poetry.

    Bonne chance,

    Mellisa

    p.s. See you soon! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just what happens when I put off commenting on stuff. :p

    The internet is a particularly evil way of procrastinating and poetry will serve you better.

    I'll see you soon too! Though the weather needs to get warmer first, and it had better hurry up too!

    ReplyDelete